Guidelines for Prospective mOppenheim.ORG Contributors
Our mission is to draw public attention to the work of nonprofit organizations, issues and leaders by developing and publishing articles and video interviews on the sector. We welcome contributions from nonprofit thought-leaders and bloggers.
What to Write for mOppenheim.ORG
We are committed to journalism and commentary that is evidence-based and meets the highest editorial standards. We cover the following nonprofit sectors:
- Arts, Media & Culture
- Children & Families
- Justice & Poverty
Take a look at the content on our website www.mOppenheim.ORG to identify the types of news, features and topics covered.
How to Contribute
- Timing: Submissions may be sent to us at any time, year-round.
- Format: Articles should be in a word document of at least 300 words, with a byline and a short (three sentences, maximum) “About the Author” section.
- Artwork: We cannot accept embedded images in word documents. All tables, charts or diagrams should be in an electronic format (.jpg & .png) with a minimum large format size of 8” x 10” (2400 x 3200 pixels).
- Sources: While mOp-eds tend to be opinion-based, backing those opinions with sources (facts/evidence) is recommended. However, while sources are preferred it is not always required.
- Publication: mOppenheim reserves the right to not publish any articles that we deem to be unsuitable for the website. The act of submitting an article is not a promise that the article will be published.
- Rights Acknowledgement: mOppenheim shall own all rights to any submission for publication (including text, photographs, artwork, charts, graphs, etc.), and shall have the right to publish such submissions in any form whatsoever.
If you’re interested in contributing to mOppenheim.ORG, please contact our editors at email@example.com. We request that you send a short pitch instead of a completed article, so we can discuss whether or not the article would work, and to help tailor the content to best fit our reader’s interests and needs.